Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sweater Weather!

That's right guys and gals...go ahead and break 'em out.  Temperatures are dropping as spirits lift.  I, for one, think we ALL look marvelous in more clothing.  Now is the time when peeps are needing a little something extra to warm their bods.  Guess what this can lead to?  You guessed it, CREEPIN'.  I don't mean peeping tom action, I mean getting more relaxed and finding larger pants and XL sweaters to cover some questionable foodie decisions.

We all know, for warmer temps we need to shed the layers otherwise we'll pass out in the heat.  But as the temps fall and the frost appears, we get to hide...er wrap ourselves in yummy warmness.  I'm not suggesting you freeze your savvy booties in midriffs in November.

I will, however, insist you stay fit and savvy through the next few months.  Otherwise, you'll likely regain control of your senses and find yourself hoofin' it with the others on Jan. 2, 2013...at the gym.  There is NO need to beat yourself up (and down) at the beginning of the new year.

Start your resolutions NOW and stay strong.  There is no reason to let yourself go simply because you're celebrating.  Ask any fit and savvy person what the secret to their success is and I'll bet you'll hear "90/10" as the answer.  90% of the time they are eating sensibly and 10% they eat what they want.  This is the key to long term weight management.  Let yourself off the hook some of the time, but not all the time.

I have found it INCREDIBLY beneficial to follow these rules:
1- If you don't have the time, don't do the crime.  If I know I can't make it to the gym for a few days, I will make sure I watch it.
2- Fail to plan, plan to fail.  I know I'm going to the fam's for dinner and they usually don't have savvy options.  I make sure to eat before I arrive. I can achieve this by means of a protein packed green smoothie.  This can help me avoid making unsavvy decisions.
3- Give up the processed non-food, food.  Eat 'treats' I have personally made and KNOW what they contain.
4- Enjoy your "90/10".  I like what I eat.  The '90' is creative and tasty.  The '10' is savored.  Savvy eating is not depriving at all.  One has to get used to the way certain foods taste that contain less fat, salt, sugar, etc.  But it's all good.

This Fall leading into the Holiday season will not change my eating patterns.  I just have to stay savvy and eat in keeping with my goals.  I have worked so hard to get back into my skinny jeans and I'm not going back.  I love my sweaters and I can't wait to stay strong this season.


No comments: