Monday, August 20, 2012

Fun at the Barre!

Ballerinas...so graceful, so elegant, so sculpted.  Well, they don't get that way just sitting around thinking about it.  They get to the barre and WORK!  The new fitness craze brings ballet to the people!!  


I tried the Xtend Barre class on Saturday and 72 hours later and I'm still hurtin!  This is a crazy cool workout that fully engaged...EVERY PART OF MY BODY.  The instructor at  VFusion Studio handed me two 1 pound pink (super adorable and cute) hand held weights.  1 pound?  I didn't even know they made them so light.  Let me just tell you...those little pink adorable weights will make you cry, scream, curse and bring you to the edge of insanity.  
The Barre torture involves exercises using rubber balls, yoga straps, weights and bands.  I was moving the entire 70 minutes.  I had to take mini-breaks on my own, as the class just wouldn't quit!  I loved it!  I was sweating like a hooker in church and I wanted to get the hek out of dodge, but I endured the sweet pain.  

I'll be honest, this was a rather humbling experience.  This class challenged me and helped me realize I still have a lot to tone.  I took two Advils after class and two the next day.  It was an amazing class and I eagerly plunked down more cash to make it hurt so good (yet again).
This class came highly recommended to me and now I'm passing along the good word.  CHECK IT OUT! 


--
Xtend barre (60 mins):  Xtend™ is the most effective barre workout and the most efficient way to create a strong and healthy body at any age. The system focuses on sculpting the body proportionally with the use of a ballet barre, playground balls, hand held weights, and yoga straps. Using a series of isometric exercises and orthopedic stretches, clients can achieve firm and fast results.
The Xtend workout targets all the major muscle groups. Classes begin with an invigorating warm up, which increases the heart rate and prepares students for the work ahead. Then, the upper body segment begins using light weights to target the shoulders, biceps, triceps, and upper back muscles. Next, students challenge their entire body, including intense seat and thigh series, with the support of a ballet barre.
Xtend then engages the core deeper with an intense abdominal series performed on the floor. A calming stretch series relaxes the body and mind, concluding the Xtend class.










No comments: