Monday, June 25, 2012

Learning another lesson

Ever have one of these days/weeks?  It just feels like nothing is going your way?  Well, that was me this week.

I'm on day 8 of my recovery process and I've learned that I don't bounce back like I used to.  I guess I burned up all the rubber in my earlier years!

I realized, due to being incapable of much movement, my usually happy mind is a tad down in the dumps!  I'm not getting the usual rush of endorphins to the brain and this has made me super low.

Hobbling around on crutches has put a major hold on my workouts and dampened my spirits.  What I have learned is I need to be more appreciative of others and their struggles.  Not everyone has a body that allows them to do everything they want.  Right now, I'd give anything to walk without shuffling around like the Hunch Back of Notre Dame.

I'm watching my food intake and trying desperately not to give in to temptation.  When limited, food can (and often does) become the sole source of entertainment.  When bored to tears...sometimes ice cream is just the thing to lift you out of your funk.  It has been a real challenge for me.

Fortunately, I usually enjoy good health and I know in my head (and heart) this is a minor setback.  Thank you Jesus, it won't always be this way for me.

From this lesson, I am learning.  I guess sometimes you need a good fall to gain a deeper appreciation.

No comments: