Friday, July 27, 2012

Show some love!


What does this picture mean to you?  Could you imagine being able to do this?  I don't think I could hold my own body up on those rings for more than a few seconds, let alone hold my legs at 90 degrees.    This picture conveys an insane amount of focus, drive, strength and control.  

The world's elite athletes get ready to make dreams happen and I, for one, get rather inspired during the Olympics.  These athletes have sacrificed so much to live out their dream.  Take the triathlon athletes, for example...they average 325 miles A WEEK!  Yes, you read that correctly.  
I ran a 5K last year and I thought that was a significant accomplishment. Here's the thing...they weren't born triathlon competitors.  There was a time in their lives when they started to run and thought, "Hey, this isn't so bad.  Let me see what else I can do."  This is the only thing I have in common with these athletes, the idea of pushing yourself to see what other feats can be accomplished by putting mind over matter.
We all start somewhere.  Some of our bodies are built for speed.  Some of us are built for strength.  A good majority of us are built for low intensity exercising.  I fall into the latter category.  I'm moving my booty and kickin' it often.  My accomplishments are mild, but at least I'm checking off boxes on my bucket list!!  

                                 

Whatever inspires you, 'run' with it!  The key to exercise adherence is ENJOYMENT!  Grab a friend!  Live out a dream!  Believe in yourself and with the knowledge that it's physically possible to move your booty, you'll start to realize your new way of living has become a part of your everyday life.

Cheer on your favorite athletes for the next two weeks and know they, too, had to start somewhere.  They have 'off' days.  They have sacrificed so much to achieve their dreams and they now inspire people everywhere.  I've got Weiber FEVER!!!!!  GO TEAM GO!


No comments: