Monday, September 19, 2011

The power of green smoothies

My aunt started me on the 'green smoothie' diet.  I despise using the word 'diet' but if I just refer to this as a 'green smoothie' drink...it may raise some questions.  What's awesome about this 'diet' is it never gets boring.  There's no exact recipe to follow and it can vary from day to day.  Some of my favorite ingredients include:
Celery
Spinach
Raspberries
Strawberries
Avocado
Banana
Pink Lady Apples
Peaches
Shelled Hemp Seeds
Red Leafy Greens
Blueberries
Metromint Water
Almond Butter
Peanut Butter
Dark Cocoa Powder

Each of these ingredients is chock full of yummy goodness!!!!  The green smoothie diet is a great way to eat more fruits and veggies every single day!  They're so tasty, too!  For me, there was zero adjustment period.  For others, it may take a few days to fully enjoy the taste of these smoothies.  I will say, they do not taste like a milk shake but for me, at least, that's A-OK!

Before...

After...

It looks a lot scarier than it is.  My dad insists that I am trying to 'poison' him with my concoction.  Don't be scared of your fruits and veggies!!!  This treat takes care of my hunger from breakfast until lunch, or lunch until dinner.  It's delicious and nutritious.



No comments: